Call for papers
The traditional healthcare industry is undergoing a major paradigm shift due to the rapid advances, developments, and deployments of wearable, mobile, digital, machine learning, and big data technologies. These technologies have brought tremendous benefits and opportunities to the diagnosis, prognosis, treatment, and prevention of human diseases for a better quality of life, but meanwhile also present unprecedented performance and security challenges in the entire process of data collection, processing, analysis, synthesis, and visualization.
The 2017 International Conference on Healthcare Science and Engineering (Healthcare’17)provides a forum for researchers, engineers, and practitioners from both academia and industry in computer science, data analytics, medical informatics, and biomedical engineering to share and exchange their awareness of current research issues, technologies, and ideas in healthcare. This forum is focused on recent advances and developments of wearable, mobile, digital, machine learning, and big data technologies in the broad healthcare domain.
Potential topics include, but are not limited to:
● Big data analytics for healthcare
● Machine learning techniques for healthcare
● Security, confidentiality, and privacy in eHealth and mHealth
● Visualization techniques for healthcare
● eHealth virtual communities and collaborative techniques
● Social computing and networking in healthcare
● Smart and ubiquitous technologies for health and wellbeing
● Tracking/wearable and mobile technology
● Intelligent decision support systems in healthcare
● Systems for disease prevention, diagnosis, treatment and management
● Healthcare informatics and information systems
● Internet medical services and applications
● Communications between patients and physicians
● Mobile healthcare applications
● Systems and methods for Ambient Assisted Living (AAL)
● Systems for remote healthcare
● Healthcare system management, improvement & reform
● Infrastructures and facilities for healthcare
Accepted papers will be recommended for publication in the special issues of several SCI-indexed journals including Journal of Healthcare Engineering and International Journal of Distributed Sensor Networks.
Prospective authors are invited to submit unpublished work to Healthcare’17. All full-length papers(upto 8 pages in IEEE 2-column format)should be submitted through EasyChair Conference System. Detailed information is available at: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=healthcare2017.